Thursday, December 16, 2010

Easy Apps

These weren't plated well, I fully admit it, but they tasted delicious. They're incredibly quick and easy to make.

Lightlife Smart Strips with Thai Kitchen Peanut Satay Sauce
The chik'n strips can be grilled in a nonstick pan or baked in an oven. I heated up the peanut satay sauce but I don't think it's necessary.  (Total 2 points) One thing to watch for in Asian sauces is "fish sauce". It is always listed in one form or another in packaged sauces. In restaurants you should ask your server if they can make the dish without fish sauce. That's a trap that I fell into quite a bit when I first switched to a vegan diet.


Gardein Chipolte Lime Crispy Fingers with Mock-A-Mole

Pictured is two crispy fingers cut up into bite size pieces and mock-a-mole that browned a bit while I was working on all of this. I started with Bethenny Frankel's Mock-A-Mole recipe and pared it down for simplicity. I used equal parts avocado and cup(s) of canned peas and then threw in some of my favorite seasonings (onion powder, garlic powder, lime juice, paprika, and salt). Of course if you have the time or the ingredients in your house use fresh ingredients, if not then packaged works just fine. (5 points-the crispy fingers are two points a piece but a small amount of mock-a-mole is just one point.)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment