Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Watching It

I haven't fallen off the face of the earth; I'm still here. Through Thanksgiving I had been making loads of delicious foods for my little blog here but my hips can't take it anymore. So, I've started Weight Watchers. I've always been pretty against the program because they teach portion control (which I've never had a problem with) but they don't teach people how to become healthy eaters. A couple of weeks ago they changed their program and now most fruits and veggies are "free", meaning they don't come out of your daily points allocation. Now I'm giving it a try, we'll see how it goes. Let's face it, how many people want to see pictures of salads and not-so-attractive foods? I know I don't, so I haven't been writing. Today I decided to start it up again and I'm going to keep the posts to easy vegan meals but they'll be more healthy and I'll try to add in some fun extra things such as products that I like.

Recently I discovered the Gardein Mandarin Orange Crispy Chick'n. I know, I'm Gardein obsessed but some of the food is sooo good. This shicken is no exception.  Add some onions when grilling for a little and serve over a 1/4 cup of wild rice and you have a great meal (5 points for any of you other WW-ers out there). The whole thing takes no more than 10 minutes to make. I also try to make a bunch of rice at a time so that I have it cooked and waiting in my fridge. I threw my rice into the pan for the last 10 seconds or so and it turned out quite nice. The mandarin orange chick'n would be great in a stir fry as well. I find stir fry a little tough to do without oil so I've avoided it thus far but I'm sure I'll get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment