Sunday, November 7, 2010

Bring me my Ranch Dressing hose

Vegan Ranch Dressing



I am a huge Simpsons nerd. Which has nothing to do with ranch dressing except for the line that, while in a carbon monoxide induced speech in Flanders' car during a snow storm, Homer spouts, "bring me my ranch dressing hose". The end.

I have been working for some time on figuring out how to make a great vegan ranch dressing. I have some other tricks up my sleeve that I want to try but it's pretty good and I'm not sure I'm going to do any better. Here is my best effort to date.


2/3 cup vegan “Sour Cream”

1 tsp onion powder

1 tsp garlic powder

½ tsp dill

1 tbsp parsley

1 tbsp red wine or balsamic vinegar

salt & pepper to taste

2-4 tbsp unsweetened soy milk (amount depends on how thick/thin you like your dressing)



Mix all ingredients together except for the soy milk. Once all ingredients are mixed, add soy milk until the dressing reaches the desired consistency. Here's an important part. Refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour before you eat it. Something happens when the dressing cools and settles in the fridge.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment